Supervalu Real Rewards overview
Supervalu Real Rewards
Real Rewards is Supervalu’s rewards programme. While you can no longer earn Real Rewards points by spending at Supervalu, members now get a weekly money-off voucher, coupons that give you money-off certain products. Electric Ireland customers who link their Real Rewards account to their EI account can get also discounts off their electricity &/ or gas bill.
Real rewards members can also get entered into a monthly draw to win prizes including vouchers.
How to use your Supervalu Real Rewards membership to get money off your Electric Ireland bill.
Join Electric Ireland Rewards here. (all you will need is your account number, found at the top of your bill).
Link your SuperValu Real Rewards card and if you haven't already done so, download the Real Rewards app.
Shop in SuperValu making sure to scan your Real Rewards card/app. You will receive a free €5 voucher off your Electric Ireland bill, every two months. Your €5 voucher will be issued to you as a 9 digit code. You willl be able to find it in either your Real Rewards app or Real Rewards account in the Supervalu website.
Enter your 9-digit code on the Electric Ireland Rewards site, and your discount will then be applied. This discount will appear on your bill under “Your Real Rewards Savings” and can also be viewed in the transaction history on your Electric Ireland Rewards account.
Continue to shop in SuperValu and repeat the process every 2 months to redeem your free €5 Electric Ireland voucher. Your Electric Ireland vouchers will be valid for two months from date of issue.
Supervalu Real Rewards App lets you:
1) Store your Real Rewards card electronically
2) The app contains your weekly Money Back vouchers (e.g. spend €35 get €5 off)
3) Personalised coupons that give you money off specified products. These change from week to week.
4) Each time that you scan your Real Rewards card (physical card or electronic version) you are given the option to enter into the monthly 'Scan to Win' draw. To enter each month you have to then answer a simple question via the app. This is also sent out via email to those who've opted in to email.
5) The 'Deals' section contains one off deals on electronics and other goods.
It’s a bit annoying that you need Real Rewards is a separate app to Supervalu’s grocery shopping app. However on the plus side you can use your Supervalu app or online account login details to log into the Real Rewards app. So, you don’t need to remember two sets of login details. To download the app click here.
Tips / Best value
It’s worth both yourself and your partner having separate Real Reward accounts. You avail of both accounts’ Spend & Save vouchers – giving you more money off your groceries.
You can get up to €60 per year of your electric and gas bill if you are an Electric Ireland customer. It is 6 x €5 vouchers over the course of a year. You get 12 x €5 vouchers if you're both an Electric Ireland electricity and gas customer.
How to register a Supervalu Real Rewards card
1. You have to pick up a Real Rewards card in store and register it here.